Jeff is the Certified Athletic Trainer for the Jeff Davis County Schools and its athletic programs. As an allied healthcare professional, he oversees the day to day management of the healthcare needs of our JDHS and JDMS athletes and he works closely with Dr. Kirk Munsayac who serves as the JDCS Team Physician.
Jeff has been a Certified Athletic Trainer for over 25 years and his work experience includes:
- Five years in the New York Mets minor league system
- Two big league spring trainings with the New York Mets
- One season in the Arizona Fall Baseball League
- Three years as a football Graduate Assistant at Auburn University
- A summer internship with the Atlanta Falcons
- Seven years as the Dir. of Sports Medicine for Coffee Regional Medical Center
- Four years with with Optim Orthopedics in Douglas, GA
- Over fifteen years working with high school athletics
- Ten years covering South Georgia State College athletics
A Certified Athletic Trainer is...
An allied healthcare professional, who's earned a degree from a CAATE accredited athletic training program, passed the rigorous NATA-BOC national certification exam and is licensed to practice athletic training within their state.
Once certified, athletic trainers earn the professional designation of ATC and must maintain their certification through ongoing continuing education requirements.
Athletic trainers have the unique opportunity to be on the front lines of athletic healthcare providing their expertise in helping to prevent injuries, evaluating and managing injuries once they occur and then providing the appropriate treatment and rehabilitation programs to facilitate return to play/work as quickly and safely as possible.
Athletic trainers are primarily known for working with athletes, but their expertise can also be extended to those physically active individuals engaged in work or play.
Today, many athletic trainers work outside of the "traditional" setting of athletics as you'll find them working within:
- All branches of the US military
- Various law enforcement agencies
- Physician practices
- Outpatient therapy clinics
- On-site industrial clinics
Orthopedic injuries are not limited to just athletes and neither are athletic trainers.
Official Athletic Healthcare Partners
To assist our JD athletes, we've partnered with:
- Dr. Kirk Munsayac - https://www.facebook.com/jeffdaviswalkinclinic/
- Spivey Orthopedic Clinic - https://www.spiveyortho.com/
- Optim Healthcare - https://www.optimhealth.com/
- Jeff Davis Hospital - http://www.jeffdavishospital.org/
We encourage you to utilize our partner's services whether it be for athletics or for the general well being of your family.
'94-'97 - Auburn University
M.Ed - Health Promotion
'91-'94 - Univ. of West Alabama
B.S. - Athletic Training
'89-'91 - Huntingdon College
Honors & Awards
Eastern League Athletic Trainer of the Year
Hughston Clinic Educational Scholarship
Horace C. Hunt Outstanding Student Athletic Trainer of the Year